Friday 11 February 2011

dammit, playwrights are stalking me!

anyone who follows me on Twitter may have occasionally seen me mention BBC Radio 2.  we love R2.  it's eclectic and entertaining, and the music it plays (especially Mon - Wed 8 - 10 PM on the Radcliffe and Maconie programme) is frequently surprising and rather wonderful..  well...  most of the time, anyway.  we won't talk about its Sunday programes.  or Steve Wright.  why that man is allowed to continue pedling his sycophantic, irritating crap i don't know.

but i digress.

on friday nights, they have an arts programme, presented by the charming Claudia Winkelman.  it's interesting and easy on the ear.  but the past two fridays, something weird has being going on.  they have a slot on the programme during which she reviews a current play with, generally, one of the actors involved.  last week, the plot sounded somewhat familiar...

young man goes to big old house, catalogues books, odd things and mysteries happen.

just have a quick look to the right, and tell me if anything sounds familiar, would you...?

this week, the play had an unfamiliar plot, but was called "The Breath Of Life".  the same name as my 2009 NaNoWriMo novel (still awaiting some TLC)   the plot was nothing to do with pueblo clowns in the jungle, but still....

twice in a row...?  really...?

seriously - playwrights are stalking me.

....

in other news:

does anyone else get a dreadful urge to pee when they're blogging?  no?

just me, then...?

'scuse me...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment