Monday 21 February 2011

R.I.P. Alan



Alan the chicken is no more.  we will miss her sweet, trilling voice (not all chickens squawk), and her gentle, friendly and curious manner.  i am dreadfully sorry i could not find the courage to break her neck last night, because it meant she suffered more.

amazingly, she was still with us--just--this morning.  which was the most distressing thing.  i sobbed all the way to work, because i knew there was a lovely, sweet-natured girl lying slowly dying in our front room, and i couldn't be there to do what little i could to ease her passing. 

to all those who offered sympathy and love and hugs in my sadness, my heartfelt thanks.

i'm going to miss you, Alan.  you were a lovely chicken.

XXX

.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely little face. *hugshard* I hope you can heal soon, and I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cee. She *was* a pretty girl. A real sweetheart.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete